Migration patent is issued for foreign citizens who have come to Russia to work for a period not exceeding 1 year.
TRP entitles not only reside in the territory of the Russian Federation within 3 years, but also to engage in labor activities, receive health care and education. Minors receive TRP with parents (guardians). Families that are planning to stay permanently on the territory of Russia and to become citizens of Russia in the future, they have to collect a package of documents for obtaining a residence permit a year after. Since the validity of the TRP is only for 3 years with no further renewal. TRP operates within the area, without the right of residence and employment beyond its territory.
The list of documents required for the migration patent and TRP can be changed each year. For more information please contact the territorial bodies of the Federal Migration Service or consultants of our site.
The required list of documents to obtain a migration patent for foreign citizens (citizens of Ukraine):
- Application for migration patent (2 copies);
- Photo 3×4 cm;
- Original passport;
- Migration card for crossing the Russian border, the date, the number, purpose of residence – work;
- Medical certificate of health (the applicant can’t have HIV infection, tuberculosis, mental illness, drug addiction);
- Other documents (the employment contract, health insurance).
Required list of documents to obtain TRP for citizens of Ukraine:
- Completed application form (two copies in print or manuscript);
- Photo 3,5×4,5 cm;
- Passport of the citizen of Ukraine, other identity document;
- Certificate of no criminal record, harassment by law enforcement agencies (must be ordered in the territory of the Russian police force);
- A certificate of Russian language abilities, Russian history knowledge and the outlines of the legal base of the Russian Federation;
- Document on education, qualification (certificate of graduation, diploma);
- A medical certificate, certificates that shows that applicant has no HIV infection, tuberculosis, neuropsychiatric disorders, drug addiction (in Russian and English, issued in specialized centers in the Russian Federation);
- The payment of state duty.
For TRP non quota registration, the consular fee of $40 is paid in the territory of Ukraine through the Russian consulate.