Great Britain is a country with a high level of life for citizens. Indicators of last year showed that England became the 10th economy in the world considering GDP volume. Moreover, this country exports 10% of world services. Among these services are banking sector, insurance, brokerage and consulting services, as well as software development. In addition, there are offices of most major international companies. Therefore, many tend to have a residence permit in the UK with the possibility to obtain citizenship in the future (Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) of this country.
You should obtain a national visa to start the immigration process. More information about the types of British visa you can find on the page applying for UK visa
Among reasons for residence permit in England could be:
- family reunification;
- marriage registration. After 2-3 years of marriage, the husband \ wife have the right to submit an application for citizenship;
- employment or business registration;
- investment in the economy of the United Kingdom;
- an application for political asylum
- Residence permit is issued for up to 4 years and at the expiration of this period you will need to issue permanent resident status. After a year you will be able to apply for citizenship in the UK. During all this time you can not to violate immigration regulations, laws and leave the country for more than 2 years.