Rights granted by a residence permitA residence permit
is a document that not only allows you to legally stay in Ukraine, but also guarantees the civil rights of a foreigner. They, according to the Law "On Immigration", are equated with the rights of citizens.The main ones are:
· unlimited number of visits to the country;
· no need to obtain additional permits for employment;
· import of personal cars without customs clearance;
· opportunity to get an education;
· banking services;
· the right to pension provision and other social benefits.Requirements for obtaining a residence permit
The requirements for the applicant when applying for a permanent and temporary residence permit differ significantly, but our specialists have prepared a generalized list of requirements that the applicant must meet below.
Terms of obtaining a residence permit
- The applicant must be in Ukraine legally;
- The applicant must have the appropriate grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine;
- The applicant must not have an outstanding criminal record on the territory of Ukraine;
- The validity period of the passport must be more than 6 months from the date of submission of documents.
- No criminal record in the country of citizenship of a non-resident (for quota categories);
- Absence of infectious and drug-related diseases (for quota categories).
The legislation of Ukraine provides for the maximum production time for applications:
· for obtaining a temporary residence permit - 15 working days;
· on obtaining a permanent residence permit - up to 1 year.